EDUCATIONAL AIMS OF ST JOHN'S SCHOOL
Fundamental Catholic beliefs lead to particular aims and purposes of schooling. Amongst them are:
- To assist the total development of the individual student: spirit, mind and body, character and imagination.
- To educate students in their Catholic faith and to invite them to commit themselves to a life centered on Jesus and His values.
- To develop each student's ability to engage in clear thinking, discerning judgement and responsible decision-making.
- To foster the critical assimilation of culture.
- To cultivate the skills necessary for finding personal meaning and leading a productive life as a member of a community.
- To develop a particular awareness in students of being called to be positive agents of change in society.
- To promote a commitment to justice, peace and the development of self and others.
- To enhance each student's capacity to think and experience creatively and intuitively.
- To promote a deep sense of appreciation of and responsibility for the natural environment.
In Summary …
To assist the integration of faith, culture and life experience.
St John's Trangie, centered on the person of Jesus and guided by the teachings of the Catholic Church, belongs to St Carthage’s Parish.
As a welcoming community we model and bring the love of Jesus to all. We offer quality education developing the spirit, mind and body, so all members will seek truth, act justly and strive to live the gospel each day. Virtue Alone Enobles.